Given the SIGB Snow Test is heading to Kühtai in Austria on 7-11 March 2022, here is the latest full advice from Tirol regarding resort safety in the times of Covid.
“Strict rules, safe winter” is the motto of the regulations presented by the Austrian government on 20 September 2021 for the coming winter season.
One thing is clear: there will be a winter season 2021/22. Strict rules will be in place to ensure a safe and enjoyable holiday experience in Tirol.
The Austrian government recently announced its three-step plan for the weeks ahead. Certain areas are particularly relevant for the tourism industry. Precise rules in these areas will now be developed based on the general rules presented on 20 September 2021.
Here is an overview of the most important rules for the winter season 2021/22:
• No general restrictions on opening times for bars and restaurants, no general restrictions on ski lift capacity, no general social distancing.
• From the start of the winter season (October) ski resorts must apply the 3G Rule (i.e. all visitors must prove they have been be tested, vaccinated or have had and recovered from Coronavirus).
• Après-ski locations will be subject to the same rules as nightclubs. From Level 2, these venues will impose the 2G Rule (access only for people who are vaccinated or have had and recovered from Coronavirus).
• Christmas markets where food and drink are served will be subject to the 3G Rule (does not apply to Christmas markets without food and drink).
• Further measures above and beyond Level 3 will be targeted mainly at unvaccinated people. Everyone who gets vaccinated now can be sure of having access to all areas this winter (ski lifts, restaurants, concerts, cinemas, etc.).
More information about holidays in Tirol – including information on Coronavirus measures – can be found at www.welcome.tirol.