JOIN THE SIGB FAMILY!
Membership consists of 174 organisations, made up of:
- 57 retail members, representing over 320 outlets
- 105 full members (mostly suppliers and some specialist media organisations)
- 12 travel organisations
Open to organisations which:
- Operate a commercially viable business in the manufacture, distribution or retailing of snowsports products in Great Britain. Membership has also been extended to include a snowsport travel section.
- Have been involved in the snowsport trade for a minimum of a year.
- Full criteria for membership and the respective prices are listed on the application forms for each membership type.
SIGB Aims To:
- Promote and stimulate the growth of skiing and snowboarding at all levels.
- Act as a forum for initiatives which benefit members and liaise with other organisations.
- Encourage and foster good trading standards within the snowsport trade.
- Organise Slide for the benefit of exhibitors and their customers.
There are 4 categories of SIGB Membership – Full, Provisional, Retail and Travel.
- Full Membership criteria
- You must operate a commercially viable business in the manufacture and/or distribution of snowsports product in Great Britain and supply more than 10 retail outlets.
- You must have been involved in the Snowsport Trade for a minimum of one year.
- You must give two referees who are full members of the SIGB or, if unable to supply referees, we will supply a letter detailing the background and extent of our business.
- You agree that, if you are admitted to SIGB, you will abide by the rules of the constitution.
- Provisional Membership
- For companies who do not qualify for Full Membership, there is the option of a one year Provisional Membership, subject to the following terms.
- You must operate a commercially viable business in the manufacture and/or distribution of snowsports product in Great Britain.
- You are planning to enter the snowsport trade (new companies or products).
- You will supply a letter detailing the company background and business intentions.
- You agree that, if we are admitted to SIGB, you will abide by the rules of the constitution.
- Provisional members will have no voting rights at AGM or EGMs and will not be listed as members.
- Provisional membership lasts for one year, after which time Full Membership should be sought.
All relevant sections of the application form must be completed and returned to SIGB with your completed direct debit mandate.
All applications will be considered by the SIGB Committee and, immediately following ratification, membership details will be forwarded. The membership year runs from 1 May to 30 April.
NB Any changes to membership rates will take place at the AGM prior to the subsequent membership year.